How To Prepare For The Coming Super Solar Storm
There are many different aspects to preparing for uncharted waters as there is simply no way to anticipate all of the possible needs. Since there are more unknowns then knowns, we must consider things that we might otherwise would normally never consider. A more compressive list then the one found below can be found in our Solar Storm Survival Guide.
- Emergency Food and Water: It's strongly advised that you have at least 6 to 12 months of supplies if not longer. Since solar events are measured in months, this coming solar event that NASA tells us that is absolutely coming could last for a good long spell. (Dried foods such as lots of rice, beans, dates, raisins, bananas, powdered milk, beefy jerky, etc., should be placed in a large super heavy duty freezer bags and left in deep freezer until needed at zero degrees.) This way your food will still taste good as you may not need it until for quite a while as it will still be good upwards of 5 years later when kept frozen at zero deegrees. Remember to take all the dried food out right away as soon as you lose power from the solar storm. For a comprehensive list of dried foods, please download our Solar Storm Survival Guide.
- Water: If you own a well and it uses an electric pump, be sure to learn what it will take to install a hand pump on your well and then buy it. There are different kinds of hand waterpumps, so be sure you select the one best suited for your needs and place it in storage where the well is located (and all of the required parts and attachments and tools) where you will have easy access to it when you need it. Those without a well will need to own a hand held reverse osmosis water filter. There are many kinds, at many different prices and allows for 1 to 3 gallons of water per hour. Be sure you have two or three hand held reverse osmosis water filters for when one of them breaks down. You will also need a way to catch rain water or a bucket to get water from a stream. Be sure to get at least 6 changeable filters for each reverse osmosis water filter you purchase. You might also want to look into, "gravity fed reverse osmosis", this way you are making clean drinking water as you sleep. You will need at least three 5 gallon water dispensers to store drinking water. If you are dealing with a large family of six or more, then you should double up on your water supplies as you need to make sure you have plenty of portable drinking water as well as for brushing your teeth, cooking and washing hands. For a comprehensive list of water filter options, please download our Solar Storm Survival Guide.
- Household Necessities: Today we take everyday household items for granted, but once you no longer have them, life can be hell! Some of the items you simply do now want to go without and thus have been *starred. *Toilet paper, (the average person uses one average size roll of toilet paper about every 4 to 7 days, plan accordingly), *toothpaste, *Tooth Brushes, *Q-tips, *Emergency Medical Kit, Plastic Drinking Glasses, Hair Combs, *Shampoo, *Hand Soap, *Laundry Detergent (to wash clothes by hand with), *Aspirin. For a comprehensive list of household essentials, please download our Solar Storm Survival Guide.
- Electronics: Today our world evolves around electronics from computers to cell phones, right down to the electronic ignition system in our vehicles, to the very electronic systems that run our banking system, navigational systems, airplanes, ships, game machines to our satellites in space, all use electronics to make them operate. Unfortunately a super strong solar storm produces electrical jolts that hit the earth, that could easily cause all these devices and systems to break down. However there is a 'work around' that is easy to apply so you can easily protect all of your electronics, including your car. This is not something that you have to do in advance, but it's something that you would have to make sure you were ready to do and had what you needed once you learned that we are about to get hit with a super solar storm within a few hours. Full details can be downloaded in our Solar Storm Survival Guide.
- Safe Room: Solar storms produce massive amounts of electromagnetic radiation. The last thing you want is to be exposed to high levels electromagnetic radiation for prolong periods of time. There are a few different ways we can avoid being radiated from huge solar storms. Because a solar storm such as the one coming will NOT be measured by days, rather by weeks or months, it's vital to your health that you do not allow you and or your family as well as your pets to be exposed to unusually high levels of electromagnetic radiation as it will lead to serious health problems way down the road for untold millions who went unprotected from the dangers of electromagnetic radiation. Airline pilots who fly over the north pole deal with this issue everyday. When the sun is very active, experts say that when pilots are flying over the north pole during a bad period electromagnetic radiation, it's the equivalent of receive a 100 chest x-rays a day. The least thing anyone wants to do is become exposed to electromagnetic radiation levels that are even higher then a 100 chest x-rays a day for weeks on end. Thankfully there is a work around for this as well, for both when your sleeping as well as when you are awake. But understand that this is not something that you can do in a few hours, rather it will take a few days to make a safe room that will protect you from the powerful electromagnetic radiation that will come right through the roof of your home. For a comprehensive guide to Building A Safe Room, please download our Solar Storm Survival Guide.
- Cooking: Unless you eat all of your food raw, you will need to make sure you get a small to medium size portable cooking stove. There are two basic kinds. One which uses bottled gas and the other which uses liquid fuel that you pour into a small tank. The drawback about a liquid fuelled stove is that once you are our of bottle gas, your sunk, where as with a liquid fueled stove you can usually find more liquid fuel to make it run. Also keep in mind that these are dangerous and should only be used outdoors, where as a classic woodstove is a nice alternative as it will also keep you warm in cold weather. For a comprehensive guide to cooking stoves, please download our Solar Storm Survival Guide.
- Money And Bank Holidays: If you are up to speed, then you realize that banks will not be able to operate during a bad solar storm and may not be able to get back up and running for upwards of a year or more. Example: If electronics take a bad hit all over the world and need fixing, it will take years for manufactures of electronic components to catch up with supply and demand, which will go to the highest bidders first. Even if banks manage to get new computer system up and working within a few months or so, there will be a run on money from account holders. When this happens, Banks close their doors without warning and declare a Bank Holiday. It could be a year or more before banks get back to normal everyday business. And until power is restored, banks can't open anyway. *Most banks today electronically track how much money they have of yours, there by, your money with the bank is a matter of electronic record in a data base somewhere in the world. Banks go to great lengths to back up their data using different storage locations throughout the world. This allows banks to restore their data in the event there is a problem in a given area of the world. However that does not work for global events such as a massive solar flare causing a huge geomagnetic event which causes computers to crash, resulting is mass loss of data world wide. While some back up systems might be better protected from electromagnetic storms then other computers, most computer systems world wide are extremely vulnerable to large solar storms. As long as your money is nothing more then a data base in a computer somewhere, and that data base gets wiped out, so does your money. If you have the resource, it's strongly recommended that you have plenty of liquid assets available to you on hand, such as gold, silver and or cash, because credit cards, bank checks as well as withdrawing money from the bank will be a thing of the past until much of the economic infrastructure can be restored. Not to mention that most, if not all of our satellites that banks depend on will take years to replace with new ones. Keep in mind that your monthly bills most likely will either go down or go away altogether for a few weeks or for months, all depending on just how bad this solar storm really is that NASA swears is coming. Since banks would not be in operation and electric companies could not bill you for electricity that you're not getting anyway, along with mortgage companies and other bills that use electronic billing or the post office, little to nothing will be running. So most of your bill collectors, if not all of them, will not be able to function in the first place for a good while to come. There by, what money you have on hand can be used towards things that you sure in the heck wish you had money for. Example: A neighbor has a surplus of something you and or your family needs badly, and your neighbor would like something in trade for it, but you have nothing that your neighbor wants. So if you don't have cash to give him, you're just out of luck. At some point the stores will start to operate once again and then there will be a run on the money. However, you'll have money if you are able to set some aside now while you still can.
- Taking Vacations: If you are big on taking vacations out of the country you may want to think twice before doing that again between now and 2013. Should a huge solar storm hit the earth while you are still in another country, you will become stuck in that country indefinitely until world wide transportation can be restored, which could easily take upwards of a year or more to restore.
Please note that the the above list are the very basics, and is not intended to cover every possible need, rather it serves as a reminder as to what's required to sustain yourself as well as an entire family in the event of a global emergency. The list does not include things such as weapons to protect yourself from others who would otherwise do you harm in the process of trying to take what food you have away from you. Remember, not everyone is sociable and friendly, and there by could care less if they took all of your food by force, even if that means you and or your families death. Severe hunger makes man do things that he otherwise would have never of done during times of absalute desperation. Consider yourself warned and plan ahead for the worse possible situation, as it's better to play it safe then to be sorry later, *only to become a victum rather then a survivor.